Diamond Case Linear Shafting is produced from 1060 carbon or 440C stainless steel. Diamond Case Shafting is made from 1060 steel that is induction case hardened. This provides a high wear resistant surface and in conjunction with linear ball bearings, roller type bearings, or Teflon composite bearings, can be used in numerous applications. A corrosion resistant 440C stainless steel shafting, case hardened and precision ground, is also available.
- Dimensional Tolerance - See catalog pages 19-4 & 19-5
- Roundness - Superior
- Cylindricity - High
- Straightness - .001/.002 TIR cumulative
- Surface Finish - 8 RMS or better
- Hardness - See catalog pages 19-4 & 19-5
- Depth of Hardness - See catalog pages 19-4 & 19-5