The Toolox 44 Difference
Toolox 44 is a highly engineered quench and tempered pre-hardened tool and machine steel with measured and guaranteed mechanical properties. Toolox 44 is delivered ready to use, no heat treating required, saving you valuable production time, reducing risks, and lowering overall costs. By working with a low carbon concept and a very high cooling rate, the manufacturers of Toolox have produced a steel that is two to three times tougher than comparable steels of similar hardness. The high hardness, in combination with excellent toughness, ensures lower tool wear and high levels of output when the tool is in service.
Toolox has unique toughness and fatigue properties, which remarkably increase the lifespan of the tool or machine component. Thanks to its ultra-high cleanliness, the surface and not the steel is the critical question for the fatigue properties. Toolox 44 has high strength and toughness at elevated temperatures, even with extended contact times. This heat resistance makes Toolox 44 excellent for tools and components working at high temperatures. Despite a hardness of 45 HRC, Toolox 44 is easily machined. Toolox is based on a low carbon concept, with low carbide content. Carbides are hard to machine, the low carbide content is the reason for the excellent machinability.
Alro stocks Toolox® 44 on the Alro Online Store under alloy plate.
Download the pdf flyer
- Quench and tempered steel
- Ready to use, no additional heat treatment required
- Easy to machine with good dimensional stability
- High strength and toughness at elevated temperatures
- Double the toughness of comparable steels at the same hardness
- Excellent for etching, polishing and EDM
- Low residual stress, no stress relieving required
- Excellent substrate for surface treatments